Magical Portraits – Outdoor Photography and Retouching Workshop by Mariola Glajcar
Special EARLY BIRD RATE of RM2,880 for those who sign up by 31st January 2018 only!
Mariola Glajcar is a Polish photographer who creates magical children’s portraits. View her portfolio on her Facebook page. This is a 2-day workshop which includes outdoor photography and post-processing.
What will YOU learn during the workshop?
Mariola will help you in realising your photographic vision, and give you tips to help in your day-to-day work with your clients.
The questions Mariola will try to answer:
- How to get ready for a session
- How to work with a customer, including difficult ones
- How to bring out emotions of a model and create good mood during a session
- How to negotiate with a customer
- Where and when to take photos
- What to avoid during outdoor sessions
- What to take for outdoor sessions
- How to work with light
- How to organise photos
- How to bring out colours, add contrast and change simple squares into magic dust
- How to improve your work
- How to create and modify your own actions, etc.
- How to look for your own style and your own colours
And much more
How to prepare for the workshop
Dear participant, please remember that how much you are going to enjoy the workshop, depends also on you.
To get all the information you need, please make a list of subjects and questions, for which you would like to get an answer. Don’t hesitate to ask.
Take your lens with you, preferably 70-200mm or 135mm or 85mm.
Take a notebook and a laptop, if you want to edit during the workshop.
If you have any questions before the workshop, we’ll be happy to help.
- Aperture, depth of field, focal length, shutter speed and subjects. Even though it’s basic stuff, but it’s worth repeating before going to open air (this stage is often omitted if the group doesn’t need it)
- Clothing – the role of accessories, colours and clothes in composition
- Stages of making a creative image – what, how and when to photograph to create a consistent outcome
14:00 – Lunch break
- Work on self – motivation for self-development, impact of chosen goals on further photographic activities
- Work with a customer – striking a balance in negotiations
- Portfolio – discussion on some of Mariola’s works, which will be a base for learning to create compositions
16:00 – Open air
- Preparing for work with a model
- A few words on emotions – what we want to show and how to work with the model to make the future cooperation possible
- Clothing the model together
- Working in the outdoors. We’re going into open air. Together we’ll create an extraordinary atmosphere, that will make the pictures outstanding.
Our small group will allow for freedom and a lot of fun, which Mariola will wholeheartedly take part in.
Start at 10:00
Discover the secrets of post-production:
- Selection of pictures in Adobe Bridge
- Choosing best shots and discussing the thought-process behind it
- Post-production in Adobe Photoshop
Post-production is divided into two stages:
- Watching Mariola editing, asking questions, learning specific steps and Photoshop tools
- Individually work on your own pictures, with Mariola’s surveillance
17:00 Summary and Conclusion
Grab the EARLY BIRD RATE before it’s gone!
About Andy Lim
Andy Lim got started in photography after leaving design college in 1992, and has given several public talks on the subject of photography.
He has a gallery of travel and landscape photography, which showcases his work, some of which have been published worldwide. Andy conducts SimpleSLR hands-on digital photography workshops, from beginners to advanced levels.He is also the author of the best-selling SimpleSLR Photography Guide e-book series which cover Portrait Lighting Techniques and Wedding Photography Lighting.
Andy Lim is an accomplished professional wedding photographer. His brand, Emotion in Pictures, attracts clients worldwide with his unique flavor of wedding and portrait photography. Follow Andy Lim on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.